What am I thinking about?????

Ceramic sculpture and portraiture, in particular, are forms of a visual narration that I use to satisfy my urge for documenting what I see in human nature. Evocative of well-loved toys and obsolete artifacts, I use the implied history of these objects to encourage the viewer to disconnect from the present situation and conjure their own individual narratives from my sculptures.

Working with concepts that are personal and sometimes narcissistic perceptions of the gloomy side of life, dark humor is my buffer. Dry or irreverent, it is humor that mystifies the tragic.




Thursday, April 21, 2011

Moved to Princeton New Jersey

Well, I recently moved to Princeton NJ, actually I’ve been here for about 5 months. The time is flying by!

The BIG question, What are my future plans!

Right now I am working towards establishing myself as an independent studio artist. I’m located an hour from both NYC and Philadelphia and would love to sustain myself and eventually a family on my art work. Is that possible? I’m not sure especially in this economy.

I’m also looking for an educational career within my field, in public, private, post secondary, community art center, workshops, and visiting artist gigs, etc. They are all areas that I’m exploring. Bottom line is I have to make time for making art and I enjoy teaching.

Immediately, I am working as the visiting artist at Princeton Day School (www.pds.org), interacting with a wonderful art department there, substitute teaching when it comes up, teaching ceramics courses at the Arts Council of Princeton, and just recently I was selected as an Artist In Resident at the Arts Council of Princeton (www.artscouncilofprinceton.org) .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers